Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Last Installment of the Interesting Project

I'm shutting it down. It was a bit too ambitious, plus school has started up and I have a job that pretty much eliminates weekends. So here, with a heavy heart and broken ego, is the final installment of the Interesting Project: Ian Ramsrud

Ian-3

Ian-1

Ian-2

I met Ian in an english class at Salt Lake Community College. Everyone in the class was pretty friendly, but if a group project came up I always wanted to be in Ian's group. He was, and still is, very well spoken and eloquent and insightful. But it wasn't until I added my friend Dave as a friend on Facebook that I learned that Ian is an outstanding photographer. Better than myself, but that's not saying much. But let's stop this before it goes down the "he's interesting because he's a great photographer" road. Let's talk about the notes he's posted on his Facebook page shall we?

Most of them are long, but they're worth reading. They're insightful. A couple of them have made me do things, like go through every picture on my flickr page to see what cliches of bad photographers I have perpetrated and made me realize that I gotta fake it til I make it.

He's a hell of a guy, and my poor writing is not doing him justice. Revel in his presence in the portraits! He was super comfortable in front of the camera, and it was a fun little photo session

No comments:

Post a Comment