Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sideways Hoonage

Last Sunday there was a private-ish drift event/get together/ho down/whatever out at Miller and Dave (master of the Ghetto Arts and proud owner of a Starion) invited me to shoot some photos. I happily complied, so at the crack of mid morning I set out for Tooele via SR201.

After an hour, or something, I arrived at the gates... as did Dave in a truck. I got my wrist band, signed a waiver, pulled in and drove to the far side of the paddock and parked. They blocked off the area between the "Basic Research" grandstand and the garages for the event. Unfortunately the track officials wouldn't let the drivers get close to the concrete barriers they used for the sectioning off, but being the creative and resourceful people they are the drivers made a small wall of tires a good ten feet in front of the barriers.

It was a good time, thanks to Dave for inviting me out. And now, on to the pictures:

Utah Drift April 18 (13 of 27)
Ladies and gentlemen, here are your participants... Well, some of them anyway

Utah Drift April 18 (1 of 27)
Yeah, you're gonna need these

Utah Drift April 18 (5 of 27)
And one of these

Utah Drift April 18 (2 of 27)
Cause this is gonna happen to your tires if you're doin it right. I have never heard so many tires popping and hissing.

Utah Drift April 18 (9 of 27)
V8 + FC3S = Bad Assery

Utah Drift April 18 (6 of 27)
Utah Drift April 18 (27 of 27)
You kids and your propensity to throw up the horns...

Utah Drift April 18 (25 of 27)
Jordan showed up. Here he's having some alone time under his jacket.

Utah Drift April 18 (22 of 27)
Points car. I think it's gonna be at Willow Springs this weekend.

Utah Drift April 18 (19 of 27)
The closest thing to a tandem drift that went on

Utah Drift April 18 (17 of 27)

Utah Drift April 18 (24 of 27)
I may have gotten a little close...

The rest of the photos, along with future drift photos, are gonna be in The Drift Kids set on my flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment