Monday, April 12, 2010

Ferrari Challenge

I was supposed to go out to the Ferrari Challenge on Saturday, but nobody else was going that day so I decided to not drive my sleep deprived and alone self out to Tooele. I waited until Sunday to drive my sleep deprived and alone self out to the wind farm that was Miller. I knew Sean was gonna be out there, so I hunted him down after I hit on the girls in the ticket office (they smiled, but that's all they gave me). Found Sean, talked a bit then started shooting photos in the paddock.

Ferrari Challenge-3
Ferrari Challenge-1
Ferrari Challenge-5

Chatted some more, Sean left and the 599xx's and Fxx's started up and made their way down the pit. I was standing at the east end of the pits when the cars started up and rolled out of the garages.

Ferrari Challenge-6

After changing my pants and looking for a cigarette, I ran to the other end of the pits and set up at the exit of pit lane and watched them roll on to the track.

Ferrari Challenge-7

Check the safety car, a black California.

Ferrari Challenge-34

Then I ran around the track as the xx cars were lapping.

Ferrari Challenge-10
Ferrari Challenge-13
Ferrari Challenge-14
Ferrari Challenge-11

I wound up at the Clubhouse turn where I ran into Katie, the girl who bought my Pentax. She was out there breaking it in. It's in a good home. Anyway, the cars were coming into the turn pretty hot. How hot? Well, take a look

Ferrari Challenge-23

The xx's finished lapping and they started prepping the track for the 430 Challenge race, which got started a lot quicker than I expected. The 430's followed the safety car around on a parade lap, then got off to a rolling start for the 45 minute race.

Ferrari Challenge-25
Ferrari Challenge-24
Ferrari Challenge-26
Ferrari Challenge-33
Ferrari Challenge-4

Ryan was there, handing out claws to small children like this

Ferrari Challenge-30

The race ended and the brought out the cars for tech inspection, which was open to the public.

Ferrari Challenge-18
Ferrari Challenge-19

Some cars didn't fare so well in the race

Ferrari Challenge-16

Tech ended and I made my way to the parking lot, shooting photos on my way out

Ferrari Challenge-8
Ferrari Challenge-9
Ferrari Challenge-12
Ferrari Challenge-15

Later Miller. Thanks for hosting. I'll see you on Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment