Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Bad Meal

My brother and I are on the same diet, and once a week my brother and I go completely off the plan (the diet says we can! it's in the book!) and eat like complete and utter shit. Today I documented this gluttonous event. Why? Cause my other shoot fell through and I wanted to shoot.


And because some people don't believe that this actually happens.

I met up with my brother and our friend Craig at the Huntsman. From there we went off to Crown Burger for the bad meal.

crown burger sign

Now Craig had only heard about the bad meal, but he'd never heard any details of what actually goes on. He had no idea that the bad meal is going completely overboard and then some. He ordered a cheeseburger, medium fries and a medium Coke. He paid about $8:
craig meal

I, like a jackass/genius, ordered a bacon cheeseburger, Crown burger (cheeseburger with Pastrami on top), a gyro an order of onion rings and a large Coke that was about the size of a bucket. I paid $20 for this feast:
my meal

Jason, being the king glut, ordered two (2) bacon cheeseburgers, a steak sandwich (medium), a chicken finger plate (with honey-mustard. He didn't know it came with fries), an order of fries and a "large" root beer. He dropped a whopping $30 on his monument to gluttony:
jason meal
By the way, it took two trays to hold all his food.

For those keeping score: there are 3 bacon cheeseburgers, 3 orders of fries, 3 chicken fingers, 1 steak sandwich, 1 Crown burger, 1 gyro, 1 order of onion rings and enough soda to fill a bath tub. And fry sauce, lots and lots of fry sauce.
fry sauce

And so we ate, with Craig in awe of the amount of food Jason and I were going to eat. I say "going to" instead of "attempting to" because we always eat everything we get. Well, almost. We kill the main items first(burgers, pizza, whatever) and go after the side dishes (fries, bread sticks, etc.) 2nd. Suffice it to say that me and the boy do work:
my meal finished
jason meal finished

Craig was impressed and/or disgusted
craig

And Jason was embarrassed
jason

And that was that. We took Craig back to his car, then Jason and I went home and plopped our fat asses on the couch to watch the Eagles lay an egg against Cowboys.

1 comment: