Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Aunts' trip to The U

A few weeks ago my mom had surgery and her sister's flew out to Utah to help my brother, father and I take care of her and hold down the house. My mom bounced back pretty quick so My brother and I took them up to the U for a tour. Here is what transpired on our adventure:


Auntie's trip to the U-1
First stop was The Huntsman Center, where Jason (my brother) spends 40-ish hours a week. He also works at Starbucks and is a full time student.

Auntie's trip to the U-2
Jason gave us a little tour of the basketball office. Inside there were the MWC Regular Season Champion and Conference Tournament Trophies. We share the Regular Season Champion title with The Team Down South and New Mexico, but the Conference Tournament title is all ours

Auntie's trip to the U-3
The Huntsman and it's newly refinished floor. My Aunts were nervous when we all walked in and it was dark. They were scared when Jason wandered off to turn on the lights, and they were in awe when the lights came on.

Auntie's trip to the U-4
Here's some detail of the floor. MWC logo in the keys, UTAH on the baselines.

Auntie's trip to the U-5
There are my Aunts!

Auntie's trip to the U-6
There's Jason, running the clock so my Aunts can see the scoreboards lit up and shot clock light behind the backboards light up.

Auntie's trip to the U-7
This guy is the reason Coach Boylen is our coach. He found this a week before he interviewed for the Utah job and saw it as a sign. I think it was a good sign, Coach B is the fuckin man

Auntie's trip to the U-8
Jason had to go turn off the lights after he showed us the locker room. This is the view looking out of the home team tunnel. It's intense, especially if you can imagine the stands full of screaming fans.

Auntie's trip to the U-10
Auntie's trip to the U-9
Here's some of the better drawings on the temporary wall in the Starbucks in the University Hospital. Chris, a nurse, started it by drawing every employee at Starbucks on the wall one night. Soon everyone with a Sharpie took it upon themselves to add it the drawing. Most of it sucks

No comments:

Post a Comment