Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I need to visit these things

I watch a lot of TV and spend way too much time on the internet and thumb through more than my fair share of magazines, and in all of these media I see things (conventions, festivals, large gatherings, what have you) that I desperately want to go to. So in an obvious hint dropping gesture, here are the things I want to go to:

#1 Comic Con

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Why do I want to go? Well first and foremost I'm a nerd. I love all the things exhibited there: new comic books, upcoming films, panels of writers, creators and stars of tv shows and movies. Oh, and scantily clad women!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And where else can I find all of these things except at Comic Con? Plus it's held at the San Diego Convention Center. Let's review: Geek heaven, scantily clad women, sunny San Diego. Sounds like a hell of a way to spend 4 days of my summer.


#2 Taste of Chicago



How have I not been to this? It starts the Friday before the 4th of July, runs for ten days, some of the best restaurants come out to set up booths and offer food for a hell of a lot cheaper than what you'd pay in the restaurant, and there's music. Oh, and it's free to enter. Damnit I need to go!


#3 SEMA

sema show Pictures, Images and Photos

I've gone twice before and it's been awesome. First time I met some of the coolest people I've ever met, and the second time I got paid to wander around and take pictures. It fills the Las Vegas Convention Center with cars, trucks, more free product than any one man has any right to get and plenty of models. It's got something for everybody, and hell if you take your girlfriend down who doesn't like cars then she can run around Vegas and shop, eat, or spend hours in a spa.


#4 the Sundance Film Festival

*no logo*

It's in my backyard, but I've never gone. I just want to try to get some free stuff, hit on some Hollywood starlet, and maybe fight some pompous film producer. That's it, nothing more.


That's it. There are other things I want to go to (Eibach meet, Waterfest, many many auto shows across the world) but these are my top 4 that I've been dying to go to for years

No comments:

Post a Comment