Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Canceled shoot

My friend Dave Brewer was on his way over to help me out with a project, but unfortunately his car blew up on the way over so I had nothing but time on my hands. What am I to do? Well, I could do this:



"This" is photographing a coin collection I inherited. I've only had the collection in my house for a few years now, and I've been saying I'm going to photograph every coin (and piece of paper money, there's a bunch of that) since it arrived at my house.

Anyway, what you're seeing is a black sheet for a full sized mattress stapled to the wall (of a house I'm renting, genius I know!) with a little table underneath it and a small felt lined box on top of the table. I've got my camera, a Canon Digital Rebel (300D) with a Tamron AF70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro lens, sitting just below and to the right of the shoot through umbrella I have on my Alien Bees B400 flash head. The flash is at 1/4 power, the camera is at 1/200 @ f/16 and 100 ISO. Here's one of the coins:

No comments:

Post a Comment